header

header


ratatouille for two

Things are changing a bit around these parts. Simply Irresistible is gone but has been replaced with something so much better. While that blog was an amazing stepping stone, bringing me into the blog world and introducing me to all it has to offer, its time for a bit of growth and refocusing. 

I hope that you continue to read as this blog evolves. Step one: a new name. 

Tomatoes Tumatos is a silly play on my names. Tumer, my married name, and Matos, my maiden name have been combined to form a pun that relates to my love obsession of food, cooking, entertaining ... and eating. I'm excited to share so much yumminess and hopefully inspire others to create something special in the kitchen, too!

I'll have the new tabs of my navigation bar up and running shortly, but for now, a recipe. 


Here's what you'll need... 
1 cup of jarred tomato sauce - any brand will do!
1 yellow squash
1 zucchini
1 red bell pepper ... go for a long and thin one
1 small eggplant 
2 sprigs fresh thyme 
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

to prepare:
1 box couscous
2 dollops of goat cheese 

Here's what to do...
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. 
Using a mandolin, a food processor or a sharp knife, slice the vegetables very thin (1/8 of an inch or less). Set aside. Side note: I've had my food processor for about 4 years and have never used the slicing function until this week - life changing. Seriously, life changing. 
Pour tomato sauce into a round or oval baking dish (8 to 9 inches in size). Using a spoon, spread sauce around to evenly coat the bottom of the dish. 
Arrange sliced vegetables starting at the edge of the dish and working your way in. Make sure that the edge of each vegetable is only slightly exposed and alternate between each vegetable as you lay them in the dish. You may have a handful of vegetables left at the end. 
Top vegetables with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the thyme leaves, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. 
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender and sauce is bubbling on the sides. 
Serve over a bed of couscous with a dollop of goat cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment