header

header


soft and chewy m+m chocolate chip cookies

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. This weekend I added a secret ingredient (well not so secret since I'm about to share it) to the classic cookie dough recipe and really enjoyed the results. This ingredient kept the cookies from flattening out and becoming too crunchy after cooling. 

I'm pretty sure that adding M&Ms only improves the classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, but if you're not a fan (you're silly) and you may absolutely leave them out. I mixed them into the dough this time, but next time I make these, I might leave them out and instead place them on the top of my cookies right before baking so the colors are a bit more prominent. Obviously this doesn't affect the taste one bit! I ate more than my fair share of these while tailgating and, per usual, could not stop myself from indulging in a bit of cookie dough between baking batches. 




Here's what you'll need... 
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
5 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
2-3 cups of M&Ms

Here's what to do...
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
In a large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugars until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Add flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt. Add in your chocolate chips (and m&ms if you would like to do so at this point). 
Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, place dough 1 in apart on baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned. 
Cool on sheet for 10 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment