header

header


quiche lorraine

Quiche is so freakin' good - and that's a fact. 

If I didn't run the risk of eating the entire thing myself I would make a quiche weekly. Side note: yt doesn't like eggs ... or breakfast foods of any kind really ... it's basically impossible to go to brunch and for this, i like him just a tiny bit less.  

Back to quiche. It's so easy to make - which adds to the pure splendor of this dish. You buy a store bought pie crust {or make one from scratch if you're into that ... I'm not}. Then, you mix eggs and some of your favorite meats, veggies, and cheese in a bowl ... Pour that bowl of goodies right into your store bought pie crust and voila! You have a super tasty meal. 

Quiche lorraine is my favorite of all the quiches. It focuses on the good stuff ... bacon. Side note: Emory also likes quiche lorraine, because it means she gets a tiny bit of bacon with her breakfast. She also likes eggs - one up on yt ...}. 

I could ramble more about my love for quiche {particularly this quiche}, but instead I'll just show you some pictures and give you the recipe. You're welcome.  



Here's what you'll need ... 
1 store bought pie crust 
3 eggs
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 pieces of bacon, chopped 
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 cup swiss cheese, grated 
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg 

Here's what to do... 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out pie crust into pie dish and bake without any filling for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. 
While pie crust is baking, cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until nice and crispy. Set aside cooked bacon on paper towel. Pour out all bacon grease from the skillet, except for approximately 1 tablespoon. Over medium heat, add onion to bacon drippings in skillet and cook until onion is soft and translucent (about 5 minutes). 
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, heavy cream, cooked bacon and onion, cheese, salt, pepper and onion. Pour into prepared pie crust. 
Cook at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until quiche has set and browned slightly on top. 

my instagram from sunday brunch. i served up this quiche alongside my favorite pumpkin apple bread with honey butter and pumpkin butter, a simple bowl of fruit, and mimosas! 


3 comments:

  1. This looks amazing and your photos are beautiful! Seriously, I love them. Also, I can't believe that Yanki doesn't like eggs, glad Emory does though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rustic look of your pastry. My mouth is watering!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just realized (like a year later) that that was from our brunch. sooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete