header

header


basic hummus

This is one of the best things I've whipped up in under five minutes in a long time. Seriously five minutes and seriously delicious. I'm trying to undo some of the damage from last week & the weekend {lots of eating out, a little too much celebrating, and not a lot of working out} with a healthy lunch option for the week. I opted for a fresh sandwich of sorts: whole wheat bagel, hummus, a slice of muenster cheese, tomato & cucumber. Instead of buying homemade hummus I decided to make my own and it truly makes a difference! So smooth, creamy, and flavorful. 




Here's what you'll need...
15 oz. can of chickpeas
juice of 1 lemon
2 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons tahini sauce
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil

Here's what to do...
Blend all ingredients together in a food processor. Store in an airtight container. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the top before serving (optional).

13 comments:

  1. Yummy! I bet it would be even delicious of throwing in some roasted red peppers :) Have a lovely Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i can make pretty labor intensive desserts but i screwed up hummus. argh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! we have all of these ingredients at home... i need to make this soon! xoxo jillian:: Shopbop $100 Giftcard Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade hummus is my favorite. I actually leave out the tahini and sub cumin. You won't miss a thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why did i think hummus was may more difficult than that? I'd have to add some red pepper too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love homemade hummus, and yours looks so pretty and professional! Definitely will be trying this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love making Hummus, because it's sooo fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hummus! So yummy for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good! I think I need to try this soon...

    xoxo,
    Joelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. is it hard to find tahini sauce? i've never heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing is better than homemade hummus. For serious. I love trying new things in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can so do this!! Thanks so much for sharing. Looks like I have a little weekend activity ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete