header

header


toffee biscotti

I'll be traveling tomorrow and through the weekend... so this week, Foodie Friday is on Thursday!

I love making biscotti on a Sunday night and then eating it for breakfast and snacks throughout the week. It's the perfect compliment to a morning up of coffee. I've tried a ton of biscotti recipes, but the one I turn to time and time again is this Toffee Biscotti recipe. It's so easy and it's a Cooking Light recipe so I don't feel bad about myself when I can't stop munching on these yummy treats.



What you'll need...
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup almond toffee bits (such as Hershey's Health Bits O' Brickle)
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
cooking spray

What to do...
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the flour, granulated sugar, toffee bits, brown sugar and baking powder in large bowl (or stand mixer). Combine vegetable oil, vanilla and eggs; add to flour mixture, stirring until well-blended (dough will be dry and crumbly). Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly 7-8 times. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into an 8-inch long roll. Place rolls 6 inches apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray and flatten each roll into 1-inch thickness.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove rolls from baking sheet; cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Cute each roll into 15 (1/2 inch) slice. Place slides, cut side down, on baking sheet. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees; bake ten minutes. Turn cookies over; bake an additional 10 minutes. Remove from baking sheet & cool.



4 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful, I love toffee!

    http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm pinning this on my pinterest and hopefully I can try making this next week. Have a yummy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make these!!!

    ReplyDelete