header

header


strawberry galette + strawberry salad

On this Foodie Friday I bring you not one, but two recipes featuring a summery seasonal ingredient, strawberries. Strawberry season is traditionally from June to August, making this the absolute perfect time to whip up some of your favorite strawberry recipes. This week I made the following:

Strawberry Romaine Salad
The recipe I adapted can be found here. The only major change I made to the original recipe was using 1/4 cup of mayonnaise in the dressing rather than the full 1/2 cup. You can also sub in a second head of romaine in place of the spinach if you're not a fan, but I personally love the varying tastes and textures the spinach adds.

Strawberry Romaine Salad 

Strawberry Galette
The recipe I used for this delicious tart can be found here and it was the perfect weeknight dessert. Don't let the dough intimidate you. I made it in just minutes before dinner and then assembled it with the filling after so it was ready just when we started craving something sweet. I sliced the strawberries before adding them to the filling but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The tart really didn't need the addition of ice cream or whipped cream but of course, it can't hurt!

Fresh out of the oven...

2 comments:

  1. Mmm those both look great! I'm thinking about making a galette tonight with some of my fruit from the farmer's market...happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love strawberries too. You should check out my strawberry recipe on my blog, I think you might like it.

    ~Sarah
    @DearSarah

    ps - love the blog!

    ReplyDelete